- Propose the Ministerial Committee's agenda and prepare the minutes of its meetings.
- Monitor the execution of the Committee's recommendations and prepare a report on what has been implemented for the Committee's review.
- Prepare a monthly report to be presented to the Committee including statistics of the achieved percentages of Egyptian products in government purchases and the commitment of the relevant bodies to the provisions of the law No. 5 of 2015, as well as the actions taken to face violations of the provisions of Law 5 of 2015.
- Receive complaints from individuals and entities on any violations of the provisions of Law No. 5 of 2015, examine and prepare recommendations to be presented to the Committee and notify the authorities concerned of conclusions reached, as well as follow up those bodies as to their adoption of disciplinary procedures should it so require, and submit a report to the Ministerial Committee.
- Follow-up the commitment of the entities subject to the provisions of Law No. 5 of 2015 to the publication and announcement of information stipulated in law No. 5 of 2015 on the government procurement portal, and the preparation of periodic reports to be presented to the Ministerial Committee.
- Receive inbound correspondence received from entities subject to the provisions of Law No. 5 of 2015 concerning the terms and conditions of offering contracts in excess of ten million pounds to study and prepare notes to be presented to the ministerial committee while adhering to time frames guaranteed by the law.
- Prepare a core database of contracts subject to provisions of Law 5 of 2015, including the amounts disbursed from the state budget for the purchase of Egyptian industrial products and the reasons for it, according to provisions of the law.
- Prepare a quarterly report of the Committee's results for approval in preparation for submission to the Council of Ministers and the House of Representatives. The report should include the results and statistics concerning - in particular - rates of fulfillment of government purchases of Egyptian industrial products, and the products compliant with the inclusion of the Egyptian industrial component proportion.
- Coordinate between the producers with respect to databases of the Egyptian industrial products.